Friday, 11 December 2015

Cooking experience

So, after years of procrastinating and also being too dependent on my family members, I've finally took the effort to learn the basics of cooking. YAYZ. It all start when I pick up the guts to actually switch on the portable cooker to help to preheat the dishes that my mom cooked before she left for work. I thought like yano what, why not I take a weight off my dad shoulder and help him this time. I was on the way to being a good, responsible daughter for once.

I have this fear of fires.  That's probably why I avoided anything that involves fire. That includes fires, yano. Plus, the stove in my old school when we had Food and Nutrition classes were those that did not require those real flammable fires. So it was quite safe. Man, that happened 6 years ago HAHAHA. There were 2 options in the house kitchen. The portable and the one that requires using REAL FIRE. Of course, I opted for the 'safer' one. I started being so impressed that how easy it was functioning and all ( which tbh i find it quite pathetic I took so long to get my hands comfortable using it) then I was wow okay, maybe I will start preheating and also cooked simple meals. A lil change in the environment.


Then the next day I've managed to make my own french toast? Well, in my version, it had like egg yolk, cinnamon, red pepper and some weird spices that I added in my own concoction. Let's just say, for a beginner's meal, it was pretty decent. I convinced myself that it was nice anyway. Even if it wasn't nice, I HAD to convinced myself it was nice. I do have to admit, in the middle of cooking it, I was like so worried and didn't cooked it longer as much as it was required. I was so scared that someone would see me cooking and then make a big fuss about it /judged me for doing so I hurried up the cooking process which I know it was not advisable!  Because who knows the food I've cooked might not be edible!


I don't really like people seeing me doing something. Fears will just rush in and I start worrying and being panic.




The next day ( because no one was at home YAY ) I redid the recipe from yesterday. I found Vanilla essence too, from yesterday so i put in the mixture.This time, I timed it and cook it quite longer cause I started cooking early HAHAHA. That black spots are not mouldy stuffs, fyi. Those are red peppers and cinnamon :> Dont be fooled by the interior!




There was one time I was set a challenge to cook a full brunch because that day, I had so much craving for so many things. I guess it was a sign of an upcoming period month flowing in. No pun intended. So I did, yes again, toast with scrambled eggs and preheat the leftover Macdonald McSpicy chicken patty. The result of the food was so good that I almost shed a tears, eating it. It helps because there was an pre-made food that - I just had to pre heated. And also, I spurt out "Oishiii~" a lot of times so I guess it was a really good meal. YAY for success


The next week, I set another challenge to cook/ make omurice! Well, I did a little improvised on it. My mom cooked sambal sausages that day so i used that to replace the usual tomato sauce in the dish with a dash of garlics which I did successfully cooked. I also learnt how to cook the rice too beforehand ( that will be explained in the last post) so when the sauce and the rice was done, the eggs had to be cooked to put it on top of the rice. I mean,  my main intention was to make omurice, duh.


The egg was so runny and started looking like scrambled eggs.

Then it started making weird noises so I panic again because I did not know what to do.
To cut the story short, the eggs and I eventually managed to cooperate together and well, it turn out be really fluffy and really shiok. I guess I will try using milk in it when I had the time to recreate the dish again :)


AH YES. RICE. 


Well, I have nothing to say about it but it was real easy to cook. I beg to differ when I complained in the past that cooking rice was a pain in a butt.

Another tick off from my family burden.
But the first time I've cooked the rice was really a trial and error which eventually turn to be the best rice ever made???? (( self praise on myself))

But urgh the mess made after cooking a meal -_-

 But I guess, after cooking every successful meal, the pain of washing up will be worth it.



Good night x  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is falling in love in the cruel way - Taylor swift said so.

Oh lord, hi blog.  I am just writing this as a way of escape because I honestly do not know who to turn to when it comes to this kind of sit...