As I'm writing this post, it's the 3rd day in January. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm currently having a terrible headache and it so annoying. It doesn't helped that school is reopening tomorrow. Thinking about it certainly did not helped with the headache. But enough of that, the reason why I thought of writing a post is about the conversation that I had with my mom just now. So, my mom cooked something that is out from my desire food palate ( That sound so glam HAHAHA ) and out of curiosity, I decided to asked her what did she cooked and she told me she was cooking paru-paru which means liver in english. I was taken aback because 1) for a liver, that is big portion she has cooked and 2) why would she buy a liver today? She then told me that I should be adjusting to be eating them because who knows, I have to learn to cook it for my ~*future husband*~ because who knows, he might favour it.
Then I jokily told her like 'no way in hell would I learn to cook it' then she was like 'Ya, you said this only now but in the future, for the sake of love, you would do so eventually' which then I reacted like 'then maybe I should just find a husband who doesn't eat it then?' Also, I jokily mentioned that I should maybe find a husband who loves chillies (sambal) then my mom was like 'Right so you're telling me that you are going to interview every single guy and asked what's their favourite food so that they will be matching with you ? Those guys are going to be thinking like, this girl is crazy or something'
Then she moved on saying like 'in relationship, you have to give and take and learnt to compromise. But if you do it for the wrong reasons, then it's better to break off sooner or later'. Well, that was one hell words of advice from my mom.
But I guess what she meant was true. I mean, there's no point of being in relationship if Compromise isn't in it, right? If you're going to disagree with each other till the end, what's the point of being together if you can't set your heart to solve one thing properly with maturity and understanding. And I guess the advice can be used when you're dealing about friendship or family matters. I wanted to go in dept with her about this ( since it's been so long I had a heart - to - heart topic with my mom) but my dad came in the room, telling me to go away because he want to sleep -_-
No comments:
Post a Comment